- People in the developing countries
- Communities dependant on biological resources
- Members of the international scientific community
- Naturalists, conservationists and natural resource managers
- Commercial and recreational farmers
- Rural communities and small entrepreneurs in the developing countries
- Food & beverage companies
- Health care professionals
- Pharmaceutical companies, cosmetics companies, botanical products companies, and specialty chemical companies
- K-12 science teachers and students
- Public policy makers and local leaders
- Land-use planners
- Aspiring biologists, environmentalists and conservationists
- Undergraduate research scholars
- Eco-tourists and tourism industry.
- The GIBEX network of field stations, bio-discovery sites, and laboratories bring scientists and students to important bio-discovery venues for conducting hands-on research and learning.